Hello Throwers and Shaggers, it’s that time of year again where the Student’s Union opens up the gym for a whole weekend of dip, donking, diving, and dodging. But before you can do any of that on Friday, the 24th of November 2017, you must first attain your wristband! Note: You MUST wear your wristband for the duration of Campus Cup! Referees will be checking for wristbands before the start of each game. If you do not have a wristband on, you will not be able to play! No ifs, ands, or buts. Now, you may be wondering “ooh how does one acquire these fashionable wrist accessories?” Well, don’t sweat it because you can get these at the Campus Cup HQ! If your wristband falls off, you can get a new one by bringing your broken wristband to the Campus Cup HQ. The Campus Cup HQ is a one-stop place for all the information, and details you need for this weekend. You will sign your waivers, get your complimentary SWAG bags, and attain your wristbands there. Any questions or concerns can be addressed there too!
Timing & Location of the Campus Cup HQ:
- Social Street, Van Vliet Complex
- Thursday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
- Friday: 8:00AM – 9:00PM
- Saturday: 8:00AM – 9:00PM
- Sunday: 8:00AM – 12:00PM
Because it’s an action-packed weekend full of dodgeball, we would like to remind you all to take some precautions to keep yourself in the best shape you can be by the end of the weekend!
- Remember to refuel! We recommend bringing water bottles and sports drinks to recover your electrolytes you lost during games. Remember to get your electrolytes and carbohydrates to refuel and rehydrate! E.g. Gatorade, granola bars, fruits.
- Pregame: remember to warm up by stretching out those muscles and throwing some rhino skin around, alternative aid like A535 or tiger balm can help loosen your muscles before a game.
- During Game: Don’t throw your arm out, you have to play several games in day so save your arm if it’s starting to hurt. Don’t ruin your weekend just because you wanted to throw that one extra ball.
- Postgame: remember to stretch and then ice up those sore muscles with LDL ice packs, which you can buy from Marc at firstname.lastname@example.org for only $5 (THE LDL DID NOT PAY ME TO MAKE THIS ADVERTISEMENT!)
Note: You can store all these items in your exclusive, complimentary Campus Cup drawstring bag!
After every game, you can hang out with your team and meet other players at the player’s lounge! (Also don’t miss out on the team pictures at the team photo booth!)
- Player’s Lounge – Saturday
- Pancake Breakfast: 8:00AM – 11:00AM (Or until we run out)
- Bar Service: 11:00AM – 5:00PM
- Photo Booth: 11:00AM – 5:00PM
- Accuracy Challenge: 11:00AM – 5:00PM
WHAT TO EXPECT IN WHAT DIVISIONS
- COMPETITIVE: This is where the old balls play, people who’ve been playing for years, back when Big Bad Schaffer and Chief still existed. The teams in this division are filled with talented players, including MVPs to multi-time AllStars. Each and every player is determined to win the Campus Cup. Round Robin for Competitive is held in the Education gym and the David Tuckey gymnasium. The top 2 teams in each division move on to play in the playoffs. These games are a must watch; showcasing old strategies, as well as a high level of coordination and skill. Come down to the Tuckey during Campus Cup for some intense games of dodgeball.
- EXPERIENCED: This division is for the teams that play or have played in the LDL, old balls that don’t want to play competitive, or those teams that love the game but don’t take dodgeball too seriously. There are still those teams that want to win the whole thing, however, because the team that wins experienced gets to play in the Final Four Round, which is in the Competitive division. Games are held at the Education Gym and Main Gym. These locations have interesting walls with interesting protrusions that result in interesting bounces, AKA, don’t try to cycle, it won’t work.
- RECREATIONAL: Rec is for teams that probably haven’t played in the LDL. If you ask them what a cycle is, chances are they will look at you like you’re crazy! This division is not competitive at all, all the teams are just there to have a good time! These games are only played in the Pavilion, which is surrounded by nets. So don’t expect for balls to bounce back at all.
- Additional Activities (Other Than Dodgeball)
- Best T-Shirt Competition: This year there will be a voting system at Headquarters where you can vote for your favorite T-shirt design! The winning team will get a super swaggy prize!
- RADAR GUN: Chuck some balls at a radar gun to see how fast your throw is! Maybe it will rank on the leaderboard! Fastest throw last year during Campus Cup was clocked at 123 km/h!
- ACCURACY TEST: It’s new this year, so I’ve no idea what to expect. But hopefully, you hit some targets and see how accurate are!
Now that you have all the info, we hope you all have a great time at Campus Cup!! Campus Cup is all about having fun and creating memories with your homies. Don’t take it too seriously. Don’t break your arm or hurt yourself or you will miss all the coming games and tournaments! Bond with your team, practice your dodgeball skills! Play hard and drink a lot after games! (but most importantly, Stay Alive!!)